Center for Orientation, Research & Documentation – CORD
The SXSSS Center for Orientation, Research, and Documentation (CORD) was founded in 1989. It documents and publicizes events that impact people's lives and serves as a nodal point among NGOs and government offices, while coordinating action. It is located near the educational institutions of Ahmedabad and makes available its library, training hall, conference room, seminar hall, and discussion halls to further its purpose.
At its CORD facility, SXSSS maintains a library subscribes to 15 newspapers in English and Gujarati, 750 magazines, journals and newsletters, and a holding of more than 8000 books, 388 video cassettes, and 330 audio cassettes, along with slides, posters, and charts. It also serves as a publishing house for leaflets, booklets, magazines, books, and reports.
Publications by CORD:
- Shanti Ane Astitva (2009) narrates peace building efforts by the organization.
- Perspective of Children on Peace (2008) contains children's pictures depicting their perspective on peace.
- Carnage Victims: Camp Inmates of Ahmedabad is a study of the status of the inmates of various rehabilitation camps formed after the carnage of 2002 in Gujarat.
- Manavta ni Safare contains prayers along with religious, inspirational, and patriotic songs on our common humanity, along with awareness songs and slogans.
- Prasuti baad ni Sambhal explains the care to be taken after delivery of a child.
- Aahaar ane Poshaan gives information on food and nutrition.
- Sakramak Rogo gives information on communicable diseases.
- Raashikaran gives information on vaccination.